Our mission, goal, vision and values
The UWC movement makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
We educate individuals to embrace challenge and take responsibility for shaping a better world.
UWCSEA will be a leader in international education. We will have a worldwide reputation for providing a challenging, holistic values-based education with an emphasis upon academic achievement, service to others, environmental stewardship, teamwork and leadership.
The UWCSEA community expects members to:
- be honest and act with integrity in all that they do
- avoid prejudice by developing views based on evidence and reasoning
- be compassionate and morally responsible
- embrace challenge in order to maximise their potential
- offer help to other people
- take an interest in and enjoy friendships with people of all cultures and backgrounds
- minimise their harmful impact on the environment.
UWCSEA prepares its students to be:
- sensitive and compassionate
- educated for a changing world
- high achievers
- free from prejudice
- constructively energetic
- creative in action
- self-confident and engaging
- prepared for responsibility and service